Monday, March 4, 2013

Nescafe to the Rescue

Dear Diary,

Yea, my little boy has officially stopped breast feeding. At the age of 2 years and 4 months, he is now only drinking formula milk.

My baby boy who is no longer a baby
Actually, I’ve been thinking to start his wean off process when he celebrated his 2 year old birthday last year. But it was me who kept on putting it off. I didn’t have the heart to turn him down every time he wanted to breast feed.

Only last month I finally gathered enough courage to turn deaf ears to his pleadings. Memang kena keraskan hati. Alhamdulillah, his weaning period is smooth sailing. I explained many times to him that breast milk has gone stale (basi). My trick is Nescafe. I used Nescafe powder and mixed it with very little water. Just one taste of the bitter coffee, he straightaway rejected it. Making faces while uttering, “Susu tetek basi.”

0 notes of inspiration: