Friday, August 17, 2012

Goodbye Ramadhan, Welcome Syawal


Dear Diary,

Ramadhan is coming to an end. This reality leaves me with mixed feelings – sad, longing, worry, etc. Will I have another chance to meet Ramadhan again? Is my ibadah enough or should have I done more? This Ramadhan was spent as modest as possible to avoid wastage. I didn’t step to any Ramadhan bazaar at all. A bit of sad though because I still couldn’t perform terawih at mosque. I only perform my terawih at home. My youngest hero still feels uncomfortable if left with other people. Maybe in a few years time...

In a matter of days, Syawal will arrive with all its glory. Imran is so looking forward to welcoming Syawal. He deserves it. He only missed one day of fasts this year. Itupun ikut sepupu-sepapat bukak posa. What touched my heart was the guilt he felt before and after broke fast earlier that day.

Our raya preparations are almost done, just tying a few loose ends here and there. Nothing grand or luxurious, we try to keep it as minimum as we could. All preparations are focused more on the three kids. We didn’t even buy or make new traditional attires. We’ll just wear the ones that we made during my sister in law’s wedding in April. They are still new and rarely worn. What’s the point of buying new ones if we seldom wear them? It’s not practical.

Insya Allah, we’ll be spending Syawal in Shah Alam and Kota Bharu. Maybe Kuala Lipis too because there’ll be a cousin’s wedding there.

Mudah-mudahan semua urusan diberkati Allah…

2 notes of inspiration:

lady lavender said...

selamat hari raya sidilfitri. Maaf zahir batin walau cuma kenal di blog :-)

p/s: cayaalah tak pi pasar ramadhan langsung. Saya yg teringin nak jelajah pasar ramadhan :-)

Unaizah said...

Lady Lavender - Selamat hari raya utk Lady sekeluarga. Kalau ikut hati, memang nak pi pasar ramadhan tp fikirkan traffic jam, orang yg berpusu-pusu & nak control 3 budak lasak ni terpaksalah simpan dulu niat tu.